It’s been awhile since we touched base on band activities, but thankfully, things are looking up for a more normal band experience in 2021-2022. There’s a lot an info to share so hang on!
With 2020-2021 drawing to a close, it’s time to welcome a new booster board and volunteers to help ensure our students have a successful band experience. Whatever you’re able to offer, there’s an opportunity for every level of availability. If you are willing to serve on the board or volunteer in any capacity, please let Mark Seely, our ’20-’21 booster president know – RiverdaleBandPresident@gmail.com. Your involvement means these students will have a great opportunity!
Principal Blair and the Riverdale HS administration has been very supportive of our students and ensuring that they get a performance opportunity – we’re excited that our students will have a spring concert! To make this happen, we will have to follow the same guidelines as TSSAA basketball. Audience members;
- must have a ticket (more on that in a moment),
- will undergo a temperature check when entering the gym hallway,
- will need to wear a mask.
- will sit in socially distanced family groups.
We’ve split the concert into two evenings;
- the Wind Ensemble (4th period with select percussion) and Jazz Band will perform on Tues. April 27, at 6:30 pm in the gym,
- Symphonic Band and Percussion Ensembles (1st, 2nd, 6th, & 7th periods) will perform on Tues. May 4th, at 6:30 pm in the gym.
Due to limited band room space, students will arrive in staggered intervals;
- 5:00 pm Floor crew,
- 5:15 pm Woodwinds,
- 5:30 pm Percussion,
- 5:45 pm Brass,
Now, about tickets… each student may request up to 4 tickets for their concert performance date. Here’s the link to request tickets (link closes this Friday, April 16);
- April 27 Wind Ensemble & Jazz Concert ticket link https://forms.gle/Ab5U2qwfCSvxcSEz8
- May 4 Symphonic Band & Percussion Ensembles ticket link https://forms.gle/xbhQkcXmp7fRUV7z9
- The gym will open for audience seating beginning at 6:00 pm.
Student concert attire is “dressy,” meaning no jeans, shorts, t-shirts… think along the lines of what Grandma called “Sunday Best.”
RIVERDALE BAND 2021-2022
For our new and returning students, there will be a mandatory information meeting, Thurs. May 6th. Incoming 9th & 10th graders will meet 6:00-6:45 in the main cafeteria. Rising 11th & 12th graders will meet 7:00-7:45 in the main cafeteria. Students will need a parent in attendance. Summer/fall band schedules and financial information will be covered.
IMPORTANT – All members will need to complete the band registration link at https://forms.gle/57EQMqCDn4zHasDQ7, so we know who to expect in band and have a way of communicating prior to band camp. This link is also on www.RiverdaleBand.com.
BAND CAMP DATES
We are also excited that we are able to plan a band camp this summer! To aid in your summer planning, camp is scheduled for the following dates and times;
- July 19, (Monday), 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, all freshmen and sophomores,
- July 20-22, (Tues.-Thurs), 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, all students,
- July 26-29, (Mon.-Thurs), 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, all students.
Guard and Percussion will have additional times/info for these dates (will post as we get closer to summer).
As a helpful reference, this information is also available at www.RiverdaleBand.com. Thanks for your support of these students!
Mr. Aymett & Mr. Crossley